Several possibilities are available for students planning to attend the 2017 CALPHAD Meeting:
CALPHAD, Inc. will offer up to ten Larry Kaufman Scholarships to students who will give presentations at the CALPHAD meeting. Additionnally, we are pleased to announce that CompuTherm will offer two Y. Austin Chang-Pandat Scholarships. Both scholarships will cover the registration fee for the CALPHAD meeting and accommodation (in double room). In order to apply, the following documents in PDF format must be submitted before 9th February 2017 by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A contributed abstract to the CALPHAD meeting (note that it should also be submitted following the abstract submission procedure).
- An application letter explaining the student motivation (one page maximum).
- A brief biographical note (one page maximum).
- A support letter from the thesis advisor (one page maximum).
GRANTS FROM THE FOUNDATION FOR APPLIED THERMODYNAMICS
(Stiftelsen för Tillämpad Termodynamik, STT)
The Foundation will act for its main purpose by granting scholarships and other grants to individual researchers; mainly researchers or research students working with modelling, development or applications of thermodynamic calculations within the fields of materials, energy, physics or chemistry. Purposes, which benefit these fields within KTH, should be given priority. Grants will especially be given for carrying out research projects, taking part in conferences and visits and for financing guest researchers.
The application should not be longer than two pages, clearly indicating:
- Purpose with the application (i.e. what will the grant be used for)
- Tentative budget including travel cost, accommodation and conference fees
- Bank details (Name and address of the receiver, BIC (Bank Identifier Code) and IBAN (International Bank Account Number))
- CV or résumé (maximum two pages), clearly indicating affiliation and present position of the applicant (and name of supervisor if applicable).
The grant shall be spent within the period April 1st 2017 - March 31th 2018, and a written report shall be submitted to the Foundation.
Dead line: no later than January 31th 2017
Applications can only be submitted to email@example.com